Did you know that the application period for the second JOLT cohort closes this coming Sunday, November 4, at 11:59 p.m. ET?
Competition is fierce and the 16-week program is intense. For now, though, submitting the best application possible before the deadline is key! Who better to provide some application tips than members of JOLT’s inaugural summer 2012 cohort?
- “Number 1: Highlight the strength of your team. Number 2: Show that you’re serious about your business. Number 3: Have a validated idea or prototype.” —Eugene Woo, CEO of Venngage
- “In the videos, don’t focus on rehearsing the perfect answer—let your passion naturally shine through.” —Mike Holmes, CEO of SlingRide
- “Show commitment, have a clear vision, develop ideas, know your market and show domain expertise in whatever your business is.” —Addo Smajic, chief business officer of tout.it
To apply, you will need to fill out an online form, answer questions and include two videos. Production value is not taken into consideration; we just want to learn more about you and your company. Remember, JOLT is making an investment in time and money, and in YOU and your team. We are trying to pick the companies that have the greatest chance at success. We will all be working together, so having great teams of individuals is fundamental to the JOLT program.
For more application tips, check out this great blog post from Ryan Poissant, interim MaRS ICE practice lead: “Getting in: Four keys to writing a solid accelerator application.”
- $30,000 in seed capital in exchange for 6 to 7% equity
- A fully equipped workspace in the MaRS Commons
- Hands-on mentorship and access to the JOLT mentor network
- Free access to market intelligence from top research institutes
- Weekly educational workshops from leading experts
- Hands-on product development support and user experience and design guidance from our experienced experts
- Priceless networking opportunities
- Access to follow-on investment on graduation day
- Other perks from the Global Accelerator Network, including credits to Windows Azure, SoftLayer, PayPal, Amazon Web Services and more
How do I apply? To learn more about the program and to apply, click here.
When does the application process close? Applications close Sunday, November 4, 2012, at 11:59 p.m. ET.